Imagine a future - where Internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM A/S is currently looking for a Product Architect. Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring Internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
The mission of the role is to provide high-level design solutions and support cross-disciplinary teams with product design. As a Product Architect, you will act as a driver of business value by reducing product development duration, cost and risk by reusing proven and standardized product features. You will work closely with Product Managers, Project Managers, Hardware and Software Developers to define and optimize our product architecture.
As a Product Architect, you will be part of a team, consisting of three colleagues. You will report to our Program Director based in Aalborg. This role is ideally based in Kgs. Lyngby, but can also be placed in Aalborg.
As a Product Architect, your key responsibilities will be:
- You will be a part of a small team of Product Architects within the domain of Radio and L-band products.
- You will work closely together with Product Management to transform product ideas, user requirements and business needs into features and technical requirements. When the high-level requirements are in place and a project is formed, you will work together with the development team in R&D, as a supervisor and product expert, to complete the project.
- You will be participating in the birth of new products and supervise, as the product expert, as the products are developed and put to market.
- You will ensure feature continuity and module reuse across the Radio and L-band product portfolio.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop roadmaps for forward-looking new development and existing product improvements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and qualify cost-effective products to meet specifications, reliability and regulatory standards.
- Generate the highest level of hardware requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule. Ensure that this set of high-level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally-defined.
- Leverage recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Integrate suggestions, updates, and innovations into overall architecture and lead the platform architecture process across the business.
As a Product Architect, your qualifications should ideally be:
- We expect you to be autonomous and to stand by the decision you take for the projects.
- Strong hardware understanding.
- Proactive “can-do” mentality and have a logical approach to problem-solving.
- Be able to collaborate effectively in a large organization spanning multiple teams of hardware, software, and stakeholders.
- Ensure cross-functional understanding of product features.
- Jira for task management and general project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and, ideally, Danish language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
- Experience defining and optimizing a multi-discipline product architecture.
- Enthusiastic about creating great products.
- Understanding complex systems and the technical dependencies.
- Wanting to create solutions that balances technical, user and business requirements.
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement.
- Understanding of the requirements and challenges of complex systems.
- A high level of analytical ability and a motivated attitude.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Besides a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer a lunch canteen, social events and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and a well-equipped fitness room. But most importantly we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM:
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge, we hope to hear from you.