Cobham Limited have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer.
Cobham is seeking a contract Senior Network Engineer, to be responsible for day-to-day running and monitoring of the networks throughout the enterprise diagnosing and remediating problems as necessary. Maintaining solutions that include LAN, WAN, WIFI, VPN, ISE device authentication and voice. Leading the assessment of new network requirements and solutions and produce designs and build / deploy new networks as required. This position is based in Bournemouth, UK, however remote working is available.
• To work with other Network Engineers on day-to-day network related activities.
• To become the first point-of-contact for the network team dealing with issues raised by IT support analysts.
• To take responsibility for network related issues as they are detected or reported.
• To assist, where required, other members of the team with operational duties.
• To develop new network solutions to fit the requirements of the business and IT security strategy.
• Responsible for maintaining and developing datacentre, wide area and local LAN infrastructure.
• Must be conversant in Network Security principles and practices.
• Must be adaptable and flexible, able to work within a small team.
• Must have a willingness to learn new technologies.
• Experience with any of the following: enterprise Cisco switches, routers, Cisco WIFI solutions.
• Experience with any of the following: OSPF, BGP, Netflow.
• Cisco CCNA.
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the UK. In order to be eligible you must either have, or qualify to gain, SC clearance.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Cisco CCNP.
• Working knowledge and experience of configuration management and ITIL best practice.
• Experience with Network Management solutions, ideally Cisco Prime, ISE and ManageEngine.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes a 37 hour working week, an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme plus many other benefits.