A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Program Financial Analyst
. In this role, you
will be a key team member responsible for program and job cost analysis, while enhancing value and visibility to the Program
Management Office (PMO) to drive more proactive decision making and
improve profitability. This position is ideal for those looking to
work in a highly visible team environment with opportunities for
career growth and development.
- Perform as a subject matter expert on various program finance
process and procedures
- Cultivating and maintaining cross functional partnership with
Program Management, Contracts, Procurement, Operations, and
- Developing time-phased program baselines to track cost and
schedule for a portfolio of programs
- Tracking material expenditures from a consolidated bill of
material (CBOM) and monitoring production touch labor
- Utilizing data collection and reporting systems to provide
weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting to support internal and
- Providing variance analysis and assessing program risks and
- Forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing key program metrics
(Orders, Sales, Gross Margin, Cash) analysis and reporting to
- Working collaboratively with program team and senior
leadership to generate and present financial metrics on program
- Developing and analyzing program estimates at complete (EACs)
for Gross Margin adjustments
- Supporting role in Cost Accounting activities including
inventory reconciliations, cycle counts, floor checks
- Helping to develop standardized Program Finance policies and
- Supporting special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of program/job cost analysis experience
- 2+ years of direct cost accounting experience to include a thorough working knowledge of budgeting, EAC/ETC, variances, gross margin analysis, and GAAP
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- US Citizenship required for Security clearance eligibility
- Degree in accounting or finance
- Understanding of IFRS revenue recognition
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively
interact with Program Managers and across other functional areas
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimal
- DoD industry experience
- Familiarity with Oracle or other ERP systems
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
- Ability to work across all management levels
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.Employment Transparency:
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.