A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Reporting to the Finance Director for the Semi Conductor and Space Solutions Business Area, this role will coordinate, administer, and control financial close. In addition, this person will provide tax, insurance, and other reports required by governmental regulations, and conduct reviews and analyses of financial and budgetary reports. While directing all aspects of accounting operations and overseeing the development of financial accounting systems, this person will develop and evaluate a team of 5+ direct reports to ensure the efficient operation of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve the quality of the Controller’s organization.
- Improve accuracy, timeliness and completeness of financial
information and insure the reliability of product cost and
- Establish operating procedures consistent with the Company’s
broad policies and objectives and ensure their execution. Ensure
corporate policies regarding financial management and control
are in place and adhered to.
- Maintain a sound plan of organization, including plans to
ensure adequate management development, providing for capable
management succession and ensuring adequate numbers and
qualifications of personnel within the business.
- Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and
accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood,
and monitoring performance of team against expectations.
- Provide management with sound and timely reports regarding the
current and anticipated state of the business.
- Monitor and adjust General Ledger (through journal entries) as
necessary to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Monitor internal controls to maintain internal and external
- Supports Government Audits and drives department to adequate
tools, systems and processes
- Review and approve accounts payable checks to ensure proper
disbursement of funds.
- Review and approve payroll registers to ensure proper
disbursement of payroll and accurate financial statement
- Analyze and perform financial statement analysis and accruals
for month-end financial package to ensure proper financial
- Prepare all financial statements and ledgers
- Develop and monitor monthly rates in compliance with DCAA and
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to keep
Business Area in compliance with financial and Governmental
requirements through the course of their audits.
- Attend finance and senior staff meetings as required.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting or Finance, and a strong knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- 8+ years of professional experience in accounting and finance, to include experience in a manufacturing, government/cost accounting environment and managing direct reports
- 2+ years of ERP system experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- CPA license
- Supports the establishment of budgets, reviews and approves
- Experience with a public accounting firm in the audit discipline
- Ability to assess situations, and be proactive as part of the management team. This person’s demeanor and bearing will garner respect of peers and subordinates alike.
- Proactive, decisive, and motivational approach; sensitive to employee relations’ issues
- Knowledgeable in internal accounting control and procedures, and driven to lead changes to make improvements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent leadership capabilities, and excellent problem identification and solving skills.
- A record of continuing education in accounting and management
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.Employment Transparency:
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.